Thursday 15 January 2015

Why I choose to be a Homeopathic Doctor?

In my 1st blog I had written about what Homeopathy is, how its treatment helps in curing diseases, etc. In this blog I would like to tell and share why I choose to become a Homeopathic doctor.

Homeopathy was always sidelined as a 2nd or 3rd grade system of medicine. It was considered as poor man’s treatment, people had in mind that it is below their dignity to take homeopathic medicine.

People used to wonder “Are these medicines or just sugared sago?” There are still few who have same thoughts but definitely there is change in trend and number of patients taking homeopathy medicines is increasing day by day.

It really needs an experience to believe in this system.

There are many patients who come to me with a question “Doctor I have tried everything and do you think these small sugar pills will cure me?”

Homeopathy does have an answer to majority of chronic and acute diseases.

I started developing faith in homeopathy after it helped me in my illness in my childhood.

As a child I used to fall sick often. Fever, cough and cold hit me every now and then and it soon developed in to tonsillitis, sinusitis and childhood asthma. I was put on various treatments with allopathic and ayurvedic medicines but in vain. 

I had even received a course of peridure injection for my fever episodes. These injections were very painful and had to be taken every 3rd day. I still remember how painful it was. It was so painful that I used to scream, cry, throw a tantrum and sometimes even bite the doctor administering the injection.




But my life changed when my parents were transferred from Trichur in Kerala to Kasargod in northern end of Kerala.

There I met then DMO of Government Hospital Dr. Sachit in the year 1981.

He started treating me by giving a small packet with white powder, some sugar pills and a bottle with brown liquid in it. I was more than happy to take it. Slowly my attack of sinusitis, tonsillitis and asthma reduced both in severity and frequency. I took the medicines for some years which cured me completely.



This childhood incident of mine induced a great faith in this system of medicine which cured me of my pain and sickness without any heavy dosage of medicines or injections, without any side effects. So when the time came for me to choose my profession, I chose to be an homeopathic doctor, who cures people of their diseases by knowing the root cause and giving them medicine in the form of sweet pills which everyone, ranging from small kids to older people are happy to pop.

In my next blogs I will write about some interesting cases, my experiences and learnings.





DMCA.com Protection Status

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave your valuable feedback and comments.